Saratoga Schenectady Endoscopy Center utilizes the Anesthesia Group of Albany, PC to provide anesthesia services to our patients.
The Anesthesia Group of Albany, PC is the largest anesthesia group in the Albany-Saratoga region of Upstate New York. For over forty years, the physicians and CRNA’s have been providing compassionate and quality anesthesia care to the region. The Anesthesia Group of Albany is skilled in providing general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, and monitored anesthesia care (sedation) for a variety of surgical cases including endoscopic, cardiac, orthopedic, pediatric, obstetric, cosmetic and general surgery.
The Anesthesia Group of Albany provides Anesthesia Services at the Saratoga / Schenectady Endoscopy Center. The anesthetic of choice for endoscopic procedures is Monitored Anesthesia Care (MAC). We use the ‘ Anesthesia Care Team’ approach as we provide Anesthesia Services. The team consists of an Anesthesiologist and Nurse Anesthetists. The Nurse Anesthetist provides Anesthesia Services under the direction and supervision of the Anesthesiologist. Monitored Anesthesia Care includes a preprocedure visit, intraprocedure care and postprocedure anesthesia management.
During Monitored Anesthesia Care, the Anesthesiologist provides or medically directs a number of specific services which include:
- Management of the patient’s coexisting medical problems
- Support of Vital Functions during each phase of care
- Diagnosis and treatment of clinical problems that occur during the procedure
- Administration of sedatives, analgesics, hypnotics and other medications as needed for patient comfort and safety
- Management of the physiologic responses to the procedure and anesthetic agents
The goal of the Anesthesia Care Team is to provide comprehensive Anesthesia Care that minimizes risk and satisfies the needs of every patient.